Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Walk on the Sun

This sketch frustrated me so much that it almost killed my interest in drawing feet. Almost.
When I stepped out into the heat today this was the image that came to my mind, and I wasn't willing to give up on drawing it, even when the bare feet were at their most unrecognizable. Ultimately, it has exactly the effect I wanted: Luminosity! I'm pleased with it, but I can't believe my compulsion to draw exactly this when all I really meant to say was OMG is it hot out there!

1 comment:

  1. When I checked a few days ago and saw this sketch (pre-commentary) I indeed thought to myself, wow, she did a great job on those feet!

    So, I guess what I'm saying is, I think your feet are perfect...well, you're drawn feet - I can't say about your anatomical feet.

    ReplyDelete