Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Tag!

I'm having some doubts about blogspot as a platform. I like the simple layout and the ease of use, however I don't like that there do not seem to be comment threads or alerts. Is conversation possible?
Maybe its ironically egomanical to worry about creating a community when only three people are actively following. Still, I see potential in this idea and want the format to accommodate my ideals as well as my reality. With that in mind, I'll be looking for a possible website transference- I'll keep you posted.
Meanwhile, I've been thinking about another aspect of blogging culture: Tagging. What are the tenets of tagging? I've taken it under satirical consideration in today's sketch. I have a feeling that if I were to categorize my sketches by subject, I might find the same subjects over and over, suggesting a lack of imagination on my part: feet, hands, bikes, sardonic comics, coffee mugs and other still lifes from my stale existence. Tagging could be a way to monitor my increasing skill in drawing certain subjects (e.g. hands.) Otherwise I'm at a loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment