Saturday, July 3, 2010

Nowhere Man

I curled up in the warm, dim park after work tonight and sketched the guitarist as he serenaded me with Beatles tunes. I was in such a cozy state of mind that I barely noticed I was having a conversation with a foreign student who had pulled up next to me. What am I drawing? Do I go to Harvard? Oh, I work at the theatre, that's cool. The sketch is good. He's Manny. He thinks I'm very cute.
Wait...what?
After making this assertion the young man in question actually ran away in his embarrassment. It was adorable and (once I took my eyes from the page) so was he. Worthy of Craigslist's Missed Connections but, if sketching in the park is indeed attractive, perhaps an indicator of connections to come. At any rate, sketching is easier than owning a dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment