Thursday, July 22, 2010

A Bit Less Hazy

This is one of my first successful exploits using Adobe Photoshop.
I confess that I have spent nearly as much time ranting against Photoshop as I have using it. For someone who can work wonders with Microsoft Paint it seems deliberately, maniacally counter-intuitive. Lasso tool? History brush?? Dodge tool?!? ("Shall i just give up and go mad now, save you any more trouble?" )
The sketch itself is nothing much, and I almost didn't use it for today until I thought to google "create fog in photoshop." There, I got step-by-step instructions that included something called a Gaussian blur. Through my beginning with an end in mind, some of the program's logic revealed itself. In the end I had enough confidence to tweak a few things outside the realm of the instructions to get certain effects. The experience "shed a little light" on why some people love Photoshop.
I just assume they can't use Paint.

No comments:

Post a Comment