Friday, June 3, 2011

Blank

I have still been sketching, although I haven't been posting. I've thought often about recommitting to this blog and realizing today was the anniversary of my first attempt, I decided to take advantage of that fact. The trouble was that I felt completely uninspired today. I was working in a store surrounded by very familiar and very dull things. My one thought was of a blank canvas, so that is what I drew. It wasn't until after it I'd drawn it that I realized the parallel I'd created to my first every entry, Blank Slate.

A blank canvas demands an artist, and it didn't take me long to figure out where ours is.

I don't think she's even dreaming of how to fill the whitespace. I think it's more likely she's relieved by blankness and needs it to sleep more soundly. As for "art"- we'll have to wait and see what she does if she wakes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment