Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Runtime Error

This program will compile, but when it runs you'll find you can't divide by "shoe."

I'm taking a C++ programming course (to no particular end) and trying to convince myself to allot much more time for it than I ever would have when I was in college. Generally, I would like to commit more time to fewer things as the summer goes on.

Like this mythical program just when I think I've sorted things out nicely I don't run. I mean literally I don't run- I do a full set of sit-ups to repeatedly reach the snooze button but I don't find my feet until it's too late even if running's the one thing I've promised myself I'll accomplish that day.

I could make some pun about the need to hack my life but I'm not going to make a fool out myself pretending like I'm that kid out of War Games. However, I do imagine the procedure to solve to most of my problems, time management among others, is the same as for creating computer code in Comp 11: Think in circles. Sit, glazed, for hours, punctuating this with failures borne of brief but furious trying. Allow the solution to slowly reveal itself before you. Feel both proud and stupid. Run the program.

No comments:

Post a Comment