Sunday, June 19, 2011

Strange Bird

This is, oddly enough, no more or less than what the title suggests. I copied the shape of this bird from a graphic I saw in a magazine, but mine turned out a little less roundly stylized and a little more... realistic? Almost.

I don't know enough about advertising and graphic design to be able to name-drop styles the way that I would like, but the original magazine ad (though not my sketch) reminds me of the the ubiquitous Jet Blue ads. As it turns out those ads are created by a Boston- based company called Mullen. This ad agency seems to be doing everything "right" in the internet age in a very Hubspot Inbound Marketing kind of way. Funny how there's a kind of blueprint that makes you instantly recognizable as an up-to-the-minute establishment (it's all about that sidebar Twitter feed, really.)

Not that the birdie brands me as having any particular knack for creating ads, but looking at the Mullen website makes me wish I was working with other people creating images and getting paid to do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment