Sunday, June 6, 2010

Beat L.A.

I dragged myself from closing the store to a friend's house to watch the basketball game and I was SO GLAD I DID. I haven't been a faithful Boston sports fan for several years now, and I've never followed basketball. I was surprised how comfortable I felt critiquing the game after only a few minutes, as opposed to baseball (which I've watched a lot more but without opening my mouth for fear of revealing myself to be nearly clueless compared to other locals.) So basketball can be accessible and exciting. Who knew? I'm sure it helps a little that it's The Finals. And, y'know...that we WON tonight.
This is my first attempt at copying a character for blogospheric purposes- This is the Boston Celtic's mascot Lucky the Leprechaun. He doesn't look especially athletic to me, with the pipe and cane and all. Then again, none of our players look particularly Celtic!

No comments:

Post a Comment