Thursday, June 24, 2010

Old Fashioned / New Media

I am absolutely confounded by Twitter. @ ??? # ??? wtf ???
I'm a fan of YouTube from way back, and was among the earliest subscribers to lonelygirl15 (before it jumped the virtual shark,) fascinated by the potential for new media in entertainment.
However the sound of my own Tweets make me cringe. I feel like the lisping suspender-sporting kid in full headgear shouting "Hey guys! Wait for me!" If anybody cares to give me a Twitter tutorial, you can find me @surrendertojoy . Tweety name is a nice sentiment but moreover a reference to the song 40 Grand in the Hole by Mike Doughty. DO click the link, because that's a live version of the song that starts with some terrific banter that explains why Mike Doughty is my favorite musician.
This sketch, by the way, breaks one of the cardinal rules of sketching (and of all things) : K.I.S.S. In trying to present a lot of old fashioned things as a foil to the Twittering laptop, the sketch became way too complicated, and paradoxically a lot less detailed and specific than I prefer. I might even call it unfinished. My inability to Tweet is clearly infecting my sketch!

No comments:

Post a Comment