Tuesday, June 29, 2010

That's the Way Boys Are


This sketch is for my sister, who I have re-imagined as a scorned young woman out of a Lesley Gore song, because her boyfriend isn't meeting par at the moment.

'Ris: You know a lot of Lesley Gore songs- she sang "It's My Party (And I'll Cry if I Want To)" and "You Don't Own Me" (which you might be interested to hear in Italian too.) All of her songs are really catchy, if very predictable in subject matter and very early '60s in style. However if you listen to her lyrics you'll notice that very little about relationships has changed in 50 years! You need to hear"That's the Way Boys Are," I think it will make you feel better. Also check out "Maybe I Know" (you're b.f. isn't a cheater, but the song is my favorite) and, just for fun (or irony) "Sunshine, Lollipops, and Rainbows." (P.S. You can click on the picture to enlarge it)

There's no way I could do my pretty sister justice in this sketch, so please forgive me. Neither does this depict the actual crimes of which her boyfriend stands accused (or how HE looks,) however it is a representation of an eternal truth- boys can be scum (Sorry guys! Prove me wrong!) Notice the chaste blonde very clearly wears his pin. Also, the temptress looks vaguely like Lesley Gore!

***Love you, stinky Ris :P ***

No comments:

Post a Comment