Saturday, June 5, 2010

Chimeras

In Greek mythology, the Chimera was a monstrous fire-breathing creature composed of the parts of multiple animals: upon the body of a lioness with a tail that terminated in a snake's head, the head of a goat arose on her back at the center of her spine. The term chimera has also come to mean, more generally, an impossible or foolish fantasy. (yes, yes Wikipedia...imaginary scholarship befits imaginary creatures.) I thought I should try drawing something from my imagination and this is the result. I was thinking about the monster mashups created by this thoughtful and multi-talented blogger: look, look they are so cute!
I think the Rhinosnail is my favorite creation, but I really enjoy the dubious look the Turtlebeast is giving me, as if to say "A Duckaroo? Do you really expect me to believe in something as absurd as a Duckaroo?"

No comments:

Post a Comment