Monday, June 7, 2010

Good Housekeeping

Maybe I'm setting feminism back 60 years, but I'm VERY pleased to be home getting my laundry done. I cleaned my apartment like I was out for revenge- Take THAT all of you terrible bosses who have been wasting my time!
Perhaps I should be pleased the place is so messy; it feels that much more cathartic to clean it. I can't take all the credit for the clutter, no- I live with two guys who have been more than happy to do the hard work of leaving things around. And since returning to old fashioned stereotypes is the theme of the day, I will say that when I do not get a chance to scrub things, nobody does. I do believe there's a scientific basis to this disparity in seeing dirt (one that doesn't involve my womb jumping up and strangling my brain.) To be fair, every once and a while I turn around, and they've gone and washed something I've been dreading (silverware!) One's also really wonderful about taking out the trash.
When all is disinfected and done, I like the fact that I can sometimes be slovenly in my apartment now, and that the guys feel free to be so. It means we trust one another, that we're comfortable, and that we're busy- too busy to put one thing away before we take out another.

No comments:

Post a Comment