Monday, June 28, 2010

Welcome

Hello and welcome to She's So Sketchy! If you are just discovering this blog because I just announced that it exists, then thanks for coming! I'd love it if you would follow it, comment, make suggestions as to what I should draw... anything to keep the project motivated for a full year!
Yes, the plan is that I draw something every day for a year post it to this blogspot, and write about it. Sometimes the sketch will be motivated by the desire to write, sometimes the opposite. Rules are there ain't rules (yet!) I started on June 3rd, 2010, the day after I left a truly horrible job. The June 3rd entry explains my inspirations.
As for my artistic credentials- I went to a high school with an amazing visual arts program...and took Chorus instead. Most of the sketching I've done has been in the course of designing costumes for theatre, or for the sake of stress relief. I hope this experience makes me a more confident and creative artist, even if I never graduate beyond the medium of pencil.
Oh- and so far the local mascot is The Asshole Zebra. I love him in a clearly unreciprocated way.
Today's sketch is an interesting doorway I saw in Cambridge. It's drawn mostly from memory, which explains the lack of any significant shading. I thought it would be a nice image for a day when I hope to receive visitors.
Now that you know I'm here, please come back, follow along via RSS feed, and make suggestions! If you still need convincing: I'm more fleshed out than XKCD, more open than PostSecret, and more evil than Sinfest... not to mention more frequent! See you tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I have a request. See if you can depict my love life, or lack there of, with the least romantic boy on the planet who takes me for granted.

    ReplyDelete