Monday, June 21, 2010

Treehouse

I drew this in an iHop at 3:30am today. At that hour that iHop (instead of being full of degenerates like myself) hosted a lot of people having heavy conversations. Recent college grads were talking about the necessity of working long hours and living in out-of-the-way places in order to stay afloat. A table of gay guys talked about growing up in foster care, and what it took to make a family, and whether or not they ever wanted to get married. A couple talked about dealing with aging parents.
I felt guilty not for overhearing them, but for not having committed myself to any of these concerns in my own life. The maturity of the grads made me especially anxious; since I'm not plodding away at an accounting job I will never achieve anything.
I thought "Is it too late to live in a treehouse?" I always kinds of wanted to live in a treehouse. Not a crappy treehouse (pictured.) That's a 3:30am treehouse. I'd want a 1:00pm treehouse, at minimum.

1 comment:

  1. you don't want to be an accountant - I'm going to hate my life. money isn't everything, and I won't be making that much.

    ReplyDelete