Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Fan Girl

Drawing an oscillating fan, no matter how old-fashioned, turns out to be a difficult lesson in geometry.
Demonstrated in this sketch is the age-old and largely ineffectual trick of putting a bowl of ice in front of a fan to simulate air conditioning. I did one better and snagged the air conditioner from the room of my absent roommate (don't worry, I'll put it back in time for his return.)
A few more ideas are expressed here- that I can't believe the month is over, for one. I hope that having completed a month of sketches means that I can stay on track for the whole year.
Also (as you can see on the calendar) tonight I finally went to see my friend Rob's band INFRASTRUCTURE- This was the first night when they were playing and I wasn't working, plus it was a free show! They rockabilly-ed the House of Blues and I got to be a fangirl! Today has been both hot and cool.

1 comment:

  1. I learned a cool new trick from a friend in nursing school - applying ice to any major artery (try the one in your throat) almost instantly cools your whole body. Works much better than the "cool cloth on the forehead" of my mother's generation.

    ReplyDelete